Due to the unprecedented growth we are experiencing and owing to an exciting new sales strategies, we are seeking to recruit a confident, professional and passionate National Account Manager with experience selling into the Hotel / Accommodation / Holiday sector and who is eager to grow within their role and enjoy massive personal and collective success with the business.
- Regional Account Manager.
- Regional Account Co-ordinators.
- Sales team.
- Customer Service, Supply Chain, Marketing team.
- To support activity within defined regional account portfolio.
- To identify opportunities within portfolio and achieve planned growth.
- To manage category, product switches.
- To project manage special events and new client roll-outs.
- To prospect new customers in the hotel, Leisure, Holiday and category industry.
- Support sales and profit targets on Portfolio Customers as set by Head of Sales.
- Make the most of all opportunities by following quotes through to orders.
- Increase turnover from existing accounts and from new business.
- Awareness of pricing agreements.
- Continually seeks out opportunities whilst practising and encouraging a culture of strategic excellence.
- Confident when dealing with negative people encouraging them to come up with imaginative solutions
- Lead, encourage, train and support others in order for them to meet their objectives.
- Prospect new customers in the hospitality industry.
- Uses a consultative approach to sell the benefits of Walter Geering products and services to clients.
- Persistent and regular proactive follow up of leads to create opportunities.
- Liaise with other departments (internal sales, purchasing, operations, credit control, etc.) to ensure the smooth running and improvement of the accounts and business.
- Provide satisfactory solutions in situations involving the new and unexpected.
- Take decisions as appropriate whilst at the same time ensuring others do the same.
- Use researched factual information when solving problems and apply logic when handling conflict.
- Work to a high specification in order to improve and maintain quality.
- Work with manufacturers to achieve optimum profit opportunities. (Where applicable)
- Bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active approach, be willing to get involved in order to increase the pace and achieve goals and objectives.
- Following orders through to delivery, ensuring product arrives safely and customer receives the best experience possible, whilst providing quick and easy resolutions where required.
- Generate enquiries and work with National Account Manager in responding to RFQs/Tenders.
- Produce monthly sales activity reports.
- Provide a weekly itinerary schedule using CRM and Outlook.
- Utilise CRM and IT systems to provide relevant customer related data on every customer review.
- Ensure customer contact details for mailing and telemarketing purposes are up to date.
- Regularly attend customer units to understand the business, build contacts and find opportunities.
- Build relationships with core manufacturers and liaise with them on opportunities.
- In depth knowledge of customer joint business plan for portfolio and understand priorities.
Ensure that bespoke and customer specific stock is managed and appropriate levels of stock are maintained for customers and the business.
- Make appointments with new & existing customers to increase sales and work on joint projects. Keeping records of quotes and working with internal sales to chase and convert opportunities into orders.
- Timely responses to internal and external customer requests and ensure deadlines are adhered to.
- Well prepared and organised sample presentations to help build sales.
Perform other duties as assigned by management from time to time.
Skills and Competencies
Active Leadership – Provides support, technical development and coaching for relevant individuals. Demonstrates an ability to delegate, recognises and demonstrate the importance of giving time to others. Lives the Walter Geering values consistently. Is aware of own strengths and weaknesses.
Collaborate to Win – Seeks out specialist input from others when there is a specific knowledge gap. Recognises the need for collaboration and does so within own team/area. Offers help and support where needed and/or critical to business success.
Drive High Performance – Accepts challenging and stretching goals for self and constantly reviews and monitors progress against the agreed target. Takes responsibility for developing own abilities. Is open to change, adapts well and collaborates in its implementation.
Focus on Customer – Recognises the value of understanding customers’ underlying, un-expressed needs and uncovers those to the benefit of both the customer and the business. Manages customers’ contractual requirements, requests and concerns quickly and efficiently. Nurtures good customer relationships and capitalises on commercial opportunities while recognising the line between profitable and non-profitable customer service. Establishes and sets customer based KPIs and supports the team in their achievement
Communicate Effectively – Listens and understands the immediate requirements. Expresses clearly, adapting language and communication style to take into account the audience, and the nature of the information. Proactively communicates with stakeholders Presents written information clearly and well.
Strategy & Planning – Plans own workload well, setting goals, timelines and milestones as appropriate. Prioritises effectively.
The person occupying this position should have the drive to achieve results in a friendly manner but at the same time maintain quality and standards. The incumbent should have the ability to absorb and impart factual information to others and work within standard operating procedures. Ideally the person fulfilling the role will have specialist/technical skills and will work within an area of knowledge and expertise. Communication, the need to enjoy challenging situations and a systematic and perfectionist approach to problems is integral to the function. The ideal person for this position will be positive, participative, self-confident, friendly, self-starting, competitive, inquisitive, imaginative, factual, consistent and somewhat conventional and self-disciplined. Activity, mobility, flexibility, variety and pace are also likely to be important aspects within the function.
Education / Training / Qualifications
- Effective numeracy, literacy and word processing skills (GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above orequivalent).
- IT literate; Excel, Word and ERP.
- Excellent Verbal, written and numerical skill.
- Full UK driving licence with no more than 3 points
- University Graduate who learns quickly and is used to absorbing large amounts of information.
- Use of CRM systems and retrieving information from company intranets.
- Compiling of PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to recognise the value of understanding customers’ needs and uncovers those to the benefit of the customer and the business.
- Building client relationships.
- Industry knowledge and contacts in hospitality, especially the hotel sector would be helpful.
- Recognises the need for collaboration between all aspects of the company.
- Takes responsibility for own development and endeavours to exceed at all times.
- Generating and “closing” new business.
- Customer facing experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships.
- Understanding of the implications of handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Operational and inventory management experience.
- The ability to build great customer relationships.
- A passion for selling.
- Good organisational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Organisational/problem solving skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Driven: Has a sense of urgency and need to accomplish the task at hand.
- Confident: Believes in own abilities and can handle rejection.
- Calm: Confident manner to handle uncomfortable conversations.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail, thoroughness and a methodical approach to work.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with others.
- Ability to consistently uphold the core Company values.
- Willing to work extra hours when required to complete tasks.
- Challenging and open to change.
- Honest and Enthusiastic.
- Creative and pro active.
- Ability to recognise profitable and non- profitable customer service.